THIS SITE FOR COMPUTER EDUCATION, FOR FRANCHISES CALL- 9563877622, AFFILIATE BY M.G.N.Y.C.S.M.

Friday 3 April 2015

Input/Output Device (I/O Device)


Definition - What does Input/Output Device (I/O Device)mean?

An input/output (I/O) device is a hardware device that has the ability to accept inputted, outputted or other processed data. It also can acquire respective media data as input sent to a computer or send computer data to storage media as storage output.

An I/O device is also known as an IO device.

Techopedia explains Input/Output Device (I/O Device)

Input devices provide input to a computer, while output devices provide a way for a computer to output data for communication with users or other computers. An I/O device is a device with both functionalities.

Because I/O device data is bi-directional, such devices are usually categorized under storage or communications. Examples of I/O storage devices are CD/DVD-ROM drives, USB flash drives and hard disk drives. Examples of communication I/O devices are network adapters, Bluetooth adapters/dongles and modems.
Posted by: 

No comments:

Post a Comment